NEATOSHOP

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Adorable Koalas




As Australia's deadliest fire sweeps across the state of Victoria in southern Australia, many Koalas have been threatened by the disaster. Above, local CFA firefighter David Tree shares his water with an injured Australian Koala at Mirboo North on Monday, Feb. 9, 2009. "It was amazing, he turned around, sat on his bum and sort of looked at me with (a look) like, put me out of my misery," Tree told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "I yelled out for a bottle of water. I unscrewed the bottle, tipped it up on his lips and he just took it naturally. "He kept reaching for the bottle, almost like a baby." Koalas are especially vulnerable to wildfires because they move slowly on the ground.

More on Koalas, also more photos at this LINK.

No comments:

Post a Comment