NEATOSHOP

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Jennifer Maestre Sculpture




Look closely at the fantastic sea creatures created by south african born, massachusetts based sculptor Jennifer Maestre and you will see that they’re made of pencils. that’s right, you heard me. Jen’s current work is skillfully crafted from hundreds and hundreds of colored pencils. They’re cut into one inch pieces, sharpened and then drilled through to become beads, and then sewn together using a peyote stitch. In each of these incredible works you can feel the approach-avoid paradox from her medium - a clear and surprising achievement (and one of her goals). You can also see the genesis and extension of a simply fascinating idea. LINK

1 comment:

  1. That's stunning!!! The craft is simply amazing...

    I like your blog. I think it is cool... the contents are interesting in my opinion. keep it up!

    Do drop by my blog and have a look.

    http://1jokeaday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete