NEATOSHOP

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Strange World Delight: a Treatise on Parallel Universes



The idea of parallel universes has been one of the most celebrated stuffs of mythology, science fiction and fantasy for long eons of time. And it continues to fascinate both readers and writers across cultures and generations.

read more, Via: Webphemera


A time traveler in many novels is made to arrive at strange places – parallel universes. And more so often, a travel into the future or past entails the existence of extra dimensions apart from the three-dimensional space that we move through everyday. This other dimension that allows time travel is often equated by many writers as other universes existing independently with our own, albeit govern by different laws of physics. LINK

1 comment:

  1. In my story, I made a parallel universe the place the characters have find to destroy a bad spell. I wasn't comfortable writing about parallel universes that scientific shows tell about, so I made my own rules. The way into it and the way out were my inventions.

    Fantasy gives me freedom of imagination that I wouldn't have in any other genre.

    ReplyDelete